Thursday, July 11, 2013

1940-News Update

Well, considering this is the chapter that Sula dies...I'm wanting to see what the rest of the book has to say. I wonder why Toni Morrison decided to call it Sula if she was going to let her main character die before the end. Since we didn't really discuss it today, I would like to know different ideas that people might've came up with. Me personally, I don't know what to expect. I really do not have any ideas to incorporate into why Morrison let Sula die. I am curious to know, however, how Nel is going to take it. I wonder what her reaction might be. They left off on kind of a bad note before Sula died and I just want to see how it will affect Nel and her thoughts about the whole situation and her friendship with Sula. If I was in Sula's shoes, I would be scared as hell. If I were in Nel's shoes, I honestly wouldn't know how to feel about the situation and Sula's death. I would be scared if I was Sula because Sula did some dirty things. As well as the way she would talk to people sometime. She was evil but then again not evil. She died young. 29- 30 is a young age to die at. I'm ready to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment